 Marketplace / Auctions / 8597
Re: Odds and Ends on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:34:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Cary Clark writes:
This is amusing. Three different bidders vying for 50 or so elements, mostly
white thin-walls, have the bidding up to eleven cents. One of those 1x4x3
white panels sells on BrickBay for from $0.35 to $0.95.

Bidding is now up to a raging $0.16.  BUT, don't forget shipping of $2.00.
At $2.16 for 3 white walls, you're now up to $0.72 per part.  Competitive
with Brickbay, plus the shipping you would also have to pay for a Brickbay
order.

This of course assumes that the buyer has absolutely no use for the other 47
parts in the lot... which somehow I doubt... just throw in the seven 1x2x3
walls and you're down to $0.21/part.

Maybe the bottom is falling out of the eBay LEGO parts market...

This suggests that perhaps the bottom NEEDS to fall out of the Brickbay market!

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Walsh writes:
The other night I listed some odds and ends I had lying around on eBay.
Based on the minimal bidding to date there are some good deals to be had!

1626495076: LEGO Wall Elements/Panels
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1626495076

John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biology