 Marketplace / Auctions / 8463
Re: Unethical and/or Illegal eBay Auction?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Runkle writes:
This auction is really irritating:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1612921750

Not only is it unethical (in my opinion); it smells of being illegal as
well, both to Lego and Lugnet copyrights.  I was wondering what other people
thought, or had knowledge of with this.

My question is...who in their right mind would BOTHER doing this?

I mean, first of all, anyone can reference this information at any time on
the web. The only poeople who might ACTUALLY bid on this are folks who
already know about the set reference, and know how to use it. Heck, someone
bidding on the item would HAVE to have a computer and web access to even
BID! So accessing LUGNET is no problem there.

Secondly, the images in use are screen-resolution! They have got to look
like absolute CRAP in print! Not to mention that it was done with an inkjet,
as opposed to say, a color lazer printer.

Third, what an expansive WASTE of time and materials! I mean, this set has
got to equal one small tree in finished paper!

I think the fact that there are no pictures posted to the auction is quite
telling. This person has got to be a dumb-bunny to have thought this
up...and they deserve the zero bids they are likely to get (although, if
someone DOES buy this thing, it will be proof of several age-old
adages..."There's a sucker born every minute" and "A fool and his money are
soon parted" come readily to mind. HOWEVER, if someone DOES buy it, I have
some bridges, oil wells and swamp land for sale that I would like to talk to
them about!)

Matt