 Marketplace / Auctions / 7898
Re: Old whistle train on ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:27:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes:
Here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=568802362
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=564614214
or:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=565686274

Wow. Thanks for those links!
I'm amazed (but I guess not totally surprised) that they are now
consistently cresting 1000 USD. I just consider myself lucky two ways...
that I got to see Abner's copy, and that I don't have the "must be TRAIN
complete" bug.

That bug is easy to repair: I have done so with not too much money and time
effort during the last two years.
Now I'm after the last missing building instructions and after some variants of
sets.

The worst buck is the "I have to collect every single set in MISB-condition." I
know about some people trying that. And all they have got are some boxes with
something unnown inside, since the never dare to open their stuff.

The few sealed sets I got so far (183, 171, 139A), have been opened immediately
after I recieved them. That happened just to do a favour to the
MISB-collectors: every single box which becomes opened increases the worth of
their stuff. ;-)

Regards,

Ben