 Marketplace / Auctions / 7467
Re: eBay Trouble: Scott Ketchum a.k.a. denny@cottagesoft.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 00:13:03 GMT

P.S. When I filed a fraud and insurance claim with eBay, I discovered that this
individual has multiple names also.  On top of everything else, make of this
what you will...

In lugnet.market.auction, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

I don't know much about this dealer except to say that I have two ebay
auctions going sour with him as I write and he is being VERY difficult.  I
cannot recommend you purchase Lego sets from him yourselves in the future.
Let's just say that his ideas of "complete" and "great shape" leave a lot to
be desired.

Moreover, his idea of dispute resolution is to send me numerous emails
filled with utter nonsense.  And finally to merely resort to calling me
names.  And even though I can be a fairly rough person myself -- believe me,
I was more than generous with this individual under the circumstances. As a
matter of fact, I tend to be more careful of my word choices and overall
tenor when I am trying to resolve a dispute.  He just wouldn't see reason
when I suggested a solution (a refund and items returned, what else?).
What's more, he wanted me to send him the items back again in advance of the
refund (garbage as they are) so that he could repost the items and sell them
to some other unsuspecting person!!!  He wrote me an email stating that
precise intention.  Apparently, he is unwilling to learn from his mistakes.

Some of you may realize that I vehemently oppose doing what I am now doing.
So, why am I doing it?  Because I couldn't stomach the idea that this person
would in the future profit from your lack of awareness of the nature of his
dealings.  That he should wrong me is one thing, that he should openly want
to repeat the process to someone else is quite another!  Basically, rather
than trying to do the right thing in the future, he pointedly told me he was
going to do just the opposite -- more of that which it is apparently in his
nature to do -- the wrong thing.

This individual has forced my hand...

-- Richard