 Marketplace / Auctions / 7343
Re: [eBay] MTW Custom Railcar Kit - Never Offered Before
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:04:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Here it is folks! As hinted at and promised earlier this holiday weekend, I
am proud to announce that I have released to the general public the latest
in the ever growing line of kits from Milton Train Works.

This kit, MTW-3002-bu, is my largest and most complex kit to date. With
almost 500 parts, and close on to 150 steps in the building instructions, it
builds a stunning model of a mid 20th century gas electric "doodlebug" railcar.

I have put unit 1 from production run 1 on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=510224608

Well, not too much time left (about 2 days or so), and we are over 200 USD
on this inaugural lot.

I have finished creating the instructions for this (what else is there to do
for fun in the UK?? <grin> ) and they are a doozie, 30 pages, 135 steps
across 14 subassemblies and one 20 step final assembly.

I knew it was a complex model but now I know just HOW complex. Since I used
PNG graphics and MSWord to create them, the instructions take up 7 meg!!!
This IS my best work so far. But stay tuned, Milton Train Works ain't done
yet, the best is yet to come.

I've fixed, in situ, the lack of louvers on the shutters, so the listing
image is now correct and accurate. Rumor has it my blue doors have arrived.
My Milton Train Works site (www.miltontrainworks.com) has a bit of info that
is not present in the eBay listing.

I will entertain offers for subsequent units from the production run as I am
not sure exactly what the right price point should be yet. If you make an
offer I accept, if I subsequently charge more, you made out. If I
subsequently charge less for the production run models, I'll refund the
difference.

++Lar