 Marketplace / Auctions / 7338
FA: Used LEGO Train Set 4558 (Metroliner)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 10:36:44 GMT

Hello,

some of you will already know that I have a used Train Set 4558 (Metroliner)
for sale. I have just checked the Metroliner for completeness, and here is
what I found missing or replaced:

- Both of the bikes are missing. I will throw in a white motorcycle
  as kind of a replacement.

- One of the minifigs is not the original one (see photo 1, link
  below, bottom left)

- Three of the suitcases are missing (again, see photo 1)

- One blue cup is missing

- One gray fence is replaced with a red one (see photo 2, link below)

- Sticker sheet is missing. Most stickers are applied, but some are a
  bit dog-eared, and the middle car is missing two stickers (see photo
  3, link below)

Otherwise, the set is complete (at least for the primary model; I didn't
check the secondary model), with track oval and original instructions
(condition can best be seen from photo 3), but no box. The set is in good to
fair used condition. I will package everything sturdy enough to reach you in
the condition you can see on these photos:

- Photo 1: <http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/ebay/4558-1.jpg>
- Photo 2: <http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/ebay/4558-2.jpg>
- Photo 3: <http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/ebay/4558-3.jpg>

Now, given the fact that more than one person already expressed interest in
this set, and the buyer may want to get it before Christmas, I will conduct
this as a very quick, privately held auction. Whoever reads this email or
posting from me
- can place exactly one bid of at least US$135
- by replying to me (not this newsgroup!) within four days
I will sell to the person with the highest bid, and notify everybody about
the outcome. You will have no chance to rebid, so think carefully what you
think the set is worth to you. The winner will have to pay actual shipping
cost for his choice of shipping method in addition to the bid price.
Worldwide Air Mail registered without insurance is US$ 38, which is probably
the most expensive example. Sending it Surface Mail and/or within Europe
will be a lot cheaper.

If you have any further questions concerning the set or the rules, feel free
to mail them to me, and I will try to answer them in time, so you can still
place your bid.

Greetings

Horst