 Marketplace / Auctions / 7333
Re: FS: Set Boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Adrian Drake writes:

I have a stack of empty boxes that continues to become more impressive and
elaborate.  Is there really a market for such things as empty boxes (and
possibly instruction sheets for duplicate sets) on Ebay?

It depends.  I know that for some collectibles there is defintely a market for
boxes- take old Kenner Star Wars toys, for example.  I've seen Mint boxes on
sale for $400!  On the other hand, you're looking at a box that came out in the
late 70s - mid 80's, and during a tie when the number of people taking the
effort to keep boxes clean and neat was relatively low.

I would be extremely surprised if the winning bidder in the referenced auction
wasn't disappointed when he received the empty boxes.  I don't beleive the
auction was misleading, but never underestimate the power of soup.  I mean, the
depths of stupidity.

eric