 Marketplace / Auctions / 7262
Re: Buy It Now feature at ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:07:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Any thoughts on this new option?

I like it. I moved one lot this way already. I will use it if it's free or a
nominal charge (say, 50 cents or so) but not if it's a lot, as eBay gets
2-3x what brickBay does.

My theory is that people aren't willing to follow links as I have had
several people ask me how much I wanted to straight sale the lot (identical
to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=501974215 ) when the
listing shows clearly how to get to the store and finding the lot isn't that
hard.

My gripe is that as soon as someone bids, it's turned off. I'd be perfectly
willing to have it turned on till the bid reached an amount you could specify.

Now, eBay overall reliability? Stinketh. That's my perception, I find it
very hard to list things, takes many tries before I make it through all the
screens without a timeout.

++Lar