 Marketplace / Auctions / 7160
Re: CASTLE DISPLAY SET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:17:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Rich Manzo writes:
Nobody is going to pay $130.00 for something they cannot see. If you post a
picture I may be interested.

I'm inclined to agree-- I don't think too many people will be keen to buy
without knowing more precisely what it is you're selling... To date, I
notice 4 attempts to sell it on Lugnet, with apparently not much luck...

In lugnet.market.auction, Norbert Grellneth writes:
LEGO castle display set (only 300 were made) with many special parts, many
colors, 4 horses, 3 dragons and 13 minifigs ! It's NOT completly glued
together so you can use many parts !
Meassures:  32x64 studs x 24 pieces high.

Personally, I don't think I'm interested, but if I were, here's some
questions I might want to know the answers to in order to give a better feel
for what it is:

- Is this display for Knight's Kingdom? Royal Knights? Fright Knights? etc?
Which kind of minifigs are included exactly? Are the minifigs glued (either
to the baseplate or glued together?)

- Is the landscape built up as standard bricks? Is it a collection of
baseplates? Is it plexiglass or some other non-lego base? If it's Lego, is
the base glued?

- Are there any siege vehicles? Are these vehicles actually sets, like the
Catapult Crusher or anything from Bull's Attack? Are these glued (if
present?) Are they glued to the base?

- Is there more than one building? Is/Are the building(s) glued together?
Are they glued to the baseplates? Are the buildings existing sets like the
Guarded Treasury, Witch's Magic Manor, or some other set?

- Are there any other landscape features such as caves, hills, mountains of
burps, rivers, trees, etc? Are these glued?

Anyway, pictures would answer most of these questions (Apart from what's
glued specificially) and would be best, but perhaps you may find a better
response by describing the display a little better...

Good luck,
DaveE