 Marketplace / Auctions / 6571
Market Values: Database or Other Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:52:49 GMT

(FUT lugnet.market.appraisal)

G'day folks,

For a while I have been following auctions on ebaY and recording the
sale prices into a database for sets that I am interested in.  From
this I have a reasonable reference for what some going market values
are.

The reason I've been doing this is ebaY does not seem to have a
way of searching for auctions after they close.  This seems
pretty dumb, so I assume it's just because I can't find the
way to do it.  I mostly use www.ca.ebay.com (ebaY Canada) so
maybe there's a difference in site functionality.  Anyhow, is
there a way to search for closed auction results?  If so, for
how long are the results available?  If this exists for a
decent period, like 6 months or something, then I can stop
spending time maintaining this silly database.

Out of curiousity, has anyone else been maintaining a market
value "database" like this?  Is there one already publicly
available on the net?

Thanx,
KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203