 Marketplace / Auctions / 6419
Re: ebay slow?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:31:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Arthur writes:
ebay appears to be at least 36 hours behind in confirming the ends of a few of
my auctions.

I have 2 auctions that ended that do not have any closing notice yet...(3+ days)

Heck, I didn't get listing notices for 6 of my lastround of auctions because
"ebay was experiencing an electronic mail problem"

Common problem?

Count me as one of the "troubled"

Scott A

SUPERSLOW!  Violent thunderstorms, Lugnet, posting problems, and eBay
service failures affected my las series of auctions...

I lost telephone and power intermittently for almost 3 days.  When I got
back on-line I got an interesting variety of messages boiling down to two
problems:

1. (Sunday) eBay is slow/down/inaccessible and I couldn't bid/snipe on
"insert name here" Auction lot

2. Please send me payment information for www.paypal.com or international
shipping...it has been "Insert 30-60 hours" since your auction ended and I
have not received any notice from eBay.

How incredibly annoying from a buyer an seller prospective...I realize the
weather contributed much to my recent frustration, but on top of it all eBAY is:

1. backlogged on notifying auction closes(and postings...my auctions don't
"appear" now for hours after input)

2. "going down" frequently.  Maybe I am only accessing eBay at high traffic
periods, but it seems to me I have had more trouble accessing eBay in the
last 6 weeks than in the last 18 months.

I ran about 50-60 auctions recently...end auction notices from eBAY were
AWOL for at least 30 hours after my auctions closed...it used to only take 2
hours, s