 Marketplace / Auctions / 638
637  |  639
Subject:
Februrary Brick Auction - You Choose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:53:26 GMT

Greetings all,

I'm looking to find a good home for a bunch of brand new bricks.

This auction will be advertised on rec.toys.lego and on lugnet.market.auction.

If you are interested, check out the web page at
http://128.206.234.201/fba/ for the auction web page.  The format of the
auctions is a G, G2, S auction with the mechanics modeled after the
Dutch auctions on eBay.  The great thing about this is that you get to
choose how many of each piece you want of each type and at what price.
Prices are listed in decimal cents per brick.

The initial prices are very close to 1/2 the sale price that Auczilla
VIII ended with.  I feel that this starts low enough to give a fair shot
at reaching a reasonable market  value while assuring that even when
bricks sell at the opening price, I'm not getting screwed.

I am interested in how this auction will run, and I may need to change
details mid-stream to fix bugs that exist in my system right now.  I
have run through a simulation to see if it works, and it seems to.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA