 Marketplace / Auctions / 630
Re: The ultimate fire fighting set.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:43:41 GMT

Mark Harrison wrote:

Hi,

I have a brand new no.735 Light & Sound Universal Basic set that builds
a variety of fire fighting appliances:

An 8 stud wide by 30 studs long six wheel fire truck & 6x8 hose trailer.
A "Landrover" styled offroad fire unit size 6x16 base & a 6x13 base
trailer.
A fire fighting tow truck size 8x20 base.
A fire harbour launch size 6x25 base.
A chunky style 4 wheel drive style fire van.
and photos on the rear of the instructions to build three other fire
trucks which can be motorised.

Naturally the color scheme for all the models is red & white with grey
trim and all incorporate L&S.

Every piece you could ever imagine being useful for building realistic
fire equipment seems to be included. The only thing not included are
minifigs!

The set was released in 1990 and was sitting in a country toy store
until six months ago when I found it. Box has minor shelf wear. Seal was
broken by me. Hey was curious to see what was in it. All polybags are
sealed.

I don't intend to give it away, the longer it sits in my study the more
tempted I am to start building, especially that big fire engine.

So is there a firefighting legomaniac out there that wants it more than
me?

Minimum Bid $110.00 plus shipping.

Mark H.