 Marketplace / Auctions / 6189
Re: How annoying is this:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:19:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Wilson writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Arthur writes:

How annoying is this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=366205220

As well as the status bar scrolling, my cursor starts draggin a box
around behind it on this page. Dunno whether it's supposed to be a
picture but the link's broken.

(from spelunking the source of the page)

It's supposed to be a picture of a banana, I think. I dunno why.

Some of his other auctions (if you read the list of them, makes for an
interesting read, I think his MO is to buy up whatever is interesting from a
garage sale and try to move it on eBay) have monkeys or chimpanzees on them.

Weird and scary.

Yes, it reminds me of just how many different ways javascript is Broken and Not
a Good Thing.

++Lar