 Marketplace / Auctions / 5628
FA: 1958 European Dealer Window Box - rarest Lego set ever? Also FA, European Town Plan board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:26:03 GMT

I have been forced to choose between my love of Lego trains and my two most
prized possessions in my Lego collection.  I am now auctioning the Dealer
Window Box I bought in Switzerland.  This item, along with the town plan
board, was in the warehouse for a toy train shop that used to sell Lego a
long time before.

RAREST Lego - 1958 European Dealer Window Box
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=317615519

Rare European Lego Town Plan Board - VISA/MC
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=317632716

The dealer window box is very rare, as it was never for sale to the public,
but was only available to Lego dealers in Europe in the late 50's to early
60's and even if a store ordered it, they only received one box.  The
contents of the box were then sold to customers as individual pieces.

I have looked for a long time and to the best of my knowledge, this item has
NEVER been up for auction on ebay.com and has never been on auction on RTL
or ATL.  Although I have had several inquiries from people wanting to buy
it, I have no idea of the actual value of this.

I am including the 111 classic windows and doors I got when I purchased
this.  Over 90% of them have never been used, but the person who sold it to
me also had a few used pieces and he threw them in with the box, so I am
including them with it also.

This has been the crown jewel of my Lego collection for almost a year.  If
finances didn't dictate it must go, then it wouldn't.

If you are interested, I would suggest you try to get this, as it is highly
unlikely that you will see another one up any time soon.  From all the Lego
people on the internet, I have only been able to locate 4 of these boxes
worldwide.  (I have one, Gary Istok has 2 (Two?!?!) and a collector in
Germany has one).

As I do not know the actual value, I started the bidding at $1.00 and put NO
RESERVE.

I will ship internationally.

Mike Poindexter