 Marketplace / Auctions / 5472
5471  |  5473
Subject:
Rarest Lego set ever, the 1958 Dealer Window Box, on ebay soon???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:29:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It seems as though the great train layout has caused a wreck, which can only
be alleviated by trimming down my collection.  I am forced to sell many
choice sets in the near (next 2-4 weeks) future.  These will include the
prize of my collection, the 1958 European Dealer Window Box #214, which was
never for sale to the public and only 4 copies (of all dealer window boxes)
are currently known to exist, of which Gary Istok owns 2.  I will have to
inventory the contents, but it does still contain several hundred classic
windows and doors, which will be included.

I just wanted to put a heads up out there, as it will be going on ebay and
there are many people who might be interested in it that could miss it
without some forewarning.  I don't know how high the bidding will get, but I
will put no reserve on it and start it out cheap.  A sad time for me,
indeed, but I had to choose between the window box and lots of other Lego
parts/sets I don't need and ones I do.

I will also put up a European Town Plan board and a 1957 Macaroni Box that
has the 2x4 half round macaroni pieces, plus 2x2 macaroni pieces without
notches, which were discontinued in 1958.

I will post the link when I list them.

Mike Poindexter