 Marketplace / Auctions / 521
Auction Preview: Mike's Great '80s Town Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 05:32:50 GMT

With the hope of helping out some fellow Town enthusiasts who can't
stand the load of crap that is available in the current Town Jr. line, I
will be running an auction of some Classic Town sets from the early-mid
1980s and maybe some Launch Command sets.  I'd prefer to sell the Launch
Command sets (6336, 6339 w/ box & 6614) together with a $135 buyout
price - so if anyone is interested please contact me this week or
they'll be up for auction with the rest.

The auction will be a "Once, Twice, Sold" format with bids advancing
every 24 hrs starting around 10 days after the auction begins.  Opening
bids may be a little high, but many of these sets are good enough for me
to keep if the price is right :-)

All except for 6609 are complete with original instructions, a select
few have boxes.  The 6390 Main Street has a box in very good condition
including the plastic insert trays.  Main Street also has all stickers
applied and still holding pretty well with some signs of wear.  Piece
condition is generally very good, but there are signs of play-wear in
some cases.  More specific set information will be included with the
first listing later this week.  If you want to receive update email me
and I'll add you to my list.  Here is a list of the sets I will be
auctioning:

6336 Launch Response Unit
6339 Shuttle Launch Pad
6363 Auto Repair Shop