 Marketplace / Auctions / 4468
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:30:12 GMT

Well. I had come online to make some sort of constructive response to end
all this. But there is no point, as Frank has done all the hard work for me.
All I can say is that I have no intention of breaking any rules again, and
it is still my assertion that I did not intend to break any on Friday. This
is a point that appears to have been accepted by all taking part in this
debate.

Can the filter/ban now please be lifted.... I've just picked up some red &
gray castle walls etc I want to get rid off

Scott A

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
You're a smart guy, do what Larry said - agree to NOT be lazy and agree • to
keep auction-related stuff only in bst, and agree that should you choose • to
be
lazy and do a bad thing again, you'll accept being banned from bst for • good
without complaint.

Ok, I've had a night to sleep on my thoughts...

The problem I have with any thought of permanently banning Scott from BST
(or anyone for that matter) for the next infraction is that Scott's • posting
is nowhere near the scale of the only individual which a formal process of
deciding how to handle his posting habits was ignited for. The result of
that formal process was a probationary period, and that individual has
elicited a few "you're starting to stray" notices.

I don't know what was going on in Scott's mind when the earlier situation • of
the repeated wrong posting followed by an apology occurred, but this • current
situation is nothing at all like that, and in fact, what Scott was
attempting to do was in general ok, just poorly worded (and perhaps
erroneously crossposted into lugnet.market.auction).

I don't want to see Lugnet turn into something which would really justify
the "compartmentalized dorks" post from RTL of a few months ago. I do
strongly desire posts to be kept in the right place, but lets not go
ballistic and destroy our community over minor transgressions, when far • more
serious transgressions happen on a monthly if not more often frequency, • and
seem to create no major stir.

Frank