 Marketplace / Auctions / 39
38  |  40
Subject:
Auction - brick lots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1998 18:54:48 GMT

Lego Bricks for auction:

I’m trying my hand at a small Lego auction for the first time.

I am offering the bricks listed below for auction.  Every piece is brand
new ? has never been in my mouth - or been part of a construction.  The
number listed is the opening or current bid in $US.  For each lot
listed, the highest two bids will be listed to the right with an
abbreviated name of the bidder.

When you email bids to me, please increment prices by at least $.05.
Please also make it obvious by your subject what the note is regarding.

The final sale price will be equal to the 2nd highest bid + 1/5 the
difference between the highest and the 2nd highest.  (e.g. if a lot has
the two highest bids of $3 and $4, the sale price will be $3.20)  In the
event of the opening bid being accepted and no second bid being made,
the opening bid will be the sale price.

The buyer will be responsible for real shipping expenses.  This means
that the more you buy the less the shipping costs will be per item.

After a while (usually a day) with no bids, a lot will advance through
the progression of going -> goingx2 -> gone.  I will start this
progression on 11 October

If you see problems with the way I’m doing this, feel free to make
suggestions.  I’m new to it.

The blocks:

White:
100 1x1 blocks      $1.20