 Marketplace / Auctions / 3861
Re: 4563
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:36:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cliff Olson writes:
Just looking for some opinions.
What would be a "fair" price for this set?
I realize it's all about supply and demand, and of course, who has Ben
Franklin burning a hole in thier pocket, but what would you pay for a MISB
4563?

Actually, there are two on eBay right now:

http://search.ebay.com/cgi- • bin/texis/ebay/results.html?query=lego+4563&maxRecor
dsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1

One is MISB, in the US, but has the wrong power supply... that's an easy fix,
just buy a surplus one, they come up on buy-sell-trade all the time. There are
some there right now from Dan Siskind, a stalwart trader.

The other one is in Italy. also MISB so it no doubt has the wrong supply too.

Neither has yet met its reserve.

++Lar

Lar,

Thanks, I have been eyeing that one and/or another I saw on seriouscollector.
But the powersupply thing has me bugged.(ah, rookies):) Am I correct in
assuming that it is a voltage in problem and not voltage out? I would think
that european 9v is the same as US 9v (just with the proper accent) and that
it comes down to 110v in vs. 220v in. I already have a lego throttle running
my small but growing set around the oval. I should be ok, right?

Cliff
BTW-A MISB lego train will not remain so very long once it lands on my
doorstep! An unplayed lego is a sad lego!