 Marketplace / Auctions / 3180
  "Rare" sets

Where are all these 8880 sets coming from? Week after week I note at LEAST 5 sets being sold a week AND usually from the same person week after week. Some of these people must be sitting on a dozen :) So much for a "rare" set. David (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Rare" sets

(...) 5 (...) Some (...) I guess they come from DYA Shopping: (URL) still could have a few of them. Mario (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Rare" sets

Who said they were rare? A misb 1982 8700 would be rare: (URL) perhaps a MISB #6278 Enchanted Island 1994 would be rare: (URL) I think these are rare: (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Rare" sets

But if you do want a MISB 8880 in a MINT box which has never seen the light of day : (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: "Rare" sets

(...) that had one of these, two baseplates and some basic bricks. Conan of GMLTC fame bought literally several hundred of them and they form the core of the GMLTC workshop storage area. Would that they were not rare again someday... they make (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)