 Marketplace / Auctions / 277
276  |  278
Subject:
SSS Auction - Remember tomorrow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:10:38 GMT

(I tried to post this directly, but even though the system said "The news
server is ready to accept posts from you.", I still continue to get "Error 441
New Users start here."   Let's see if posting from the web works...)

OK - LOTS of changes in the last few days.  My sister got back from almost
three years in Japan as a missionary, and my brother proposed to his
girlfriend of the last year and a half - the wedding is on May 15th.  The next
day, my mother was driving down the highway and a moose decided to total her
car. - It's a miracle she walked away with one tiny scratch.  The executive
committee at work decided to over-rule my boss, and reverse the decision to
purchase my computer.  So after moving everything from home to work and all
the setup changes that involved, I had to reverse most of it this weekend.  As
a result, I've moved my LEGO web-site yet again.  (Haven't got the alias
working yet either)  The new address is:  http://plaza.powersurfr.com/LEGO
while the /SRC section will soon contain my resume.  (Company raises were
finally handed out on Friday - mine was drastically less than I was
expecting...)  If your company is looking for a programmer, CAD designer, etc.
please LMK, and/or direct them to my resume.

As for auction news, all lots have advanced again.  Most sets are now sold.
You'll also notice I've reordered the listing to (hopefully) make it easier to
follow.  The classic space sets - # 6930, # 6950 & # 6989 - have arrived from
Belgium, along with # 1818, which becomes the number two plane in my fleet.
All the sets are in primo condition - Ben had to split the 6989 into two boxes
to ship it, but there's a great poster inside, and I got to photocopy the
instructions.  ;-)   Chuck has gotten himself quite the deal, and whomever
winds up winning the 6930 and/or 6950 will be similarly pleased I'm sure.

Another big thing (for me) this weekend, was that my sister brought me a
Samari sword from Japan.  She had quite the adventure finding it, and with
airport security and customs.  I guess now I'm going to have to get 6093,
6089, 6088, 6083, 6045, and lots of 6013s... :-)

Steve   (the Monorail Master)
  SRC@V-Wave.brickcom
(Remove the 2x4 to reply)
http://plaza.powersurfr.com/LEGO