 Marketplace / Auctions / 2370
FA: 4 Pirate sets including BSB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:23:25 GMT

These are the four sets I have for auction:

6285 Black Seas Barracuda from 1989 with 865 pices (MSRP of $110.00)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6285
  minimum bid: $175

6270 Shipwrecked Island from 1989 with 176 pieces (MSRP of $37.50)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6270
  minimum bid: $35

6267 Lagoon Lock-up from 1991 with 187 pieces (MSRP of $29.00)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6267
  minimum bid: $25

6261 Raft Raiders from 1992 with 78 pieces (MSRP of $13.25)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6261
  minimum bid: $12

Descriptions:

6285 is complete with original instructions that are in EX+ condition.  All
pieces are like new just a little dusty.  I had to pull apart some of the 1x1
round plates b/c the original owner never completely put this set together.
The sails are slightly soiled, but it give them a more realistic look.  They
could probably be washed if necessary.  No box.

6270 is complete with original instructions that are in VG condition.  Pieces
are in excellent used condition, only a couple pieces have noticeable signs of
wear.  I replaced the broken palm fronds from my spares.  No box.

6267 is complete with original instructions that are in EX condition.  Pieces
are in very good used condition, the red/white sail for the small boat is
somewhat worn, but still very usable.  No box.

6261 is complete with original instructions that are in VG condition.  Pieces
are in very good used condition, the sail is in excellent shape.

Rules:

1) Auction is GOING-1, GOING-2, GOING-3, SOLD format with advancing starting
tomorrow night (Thurs, Sept. 9th).  I will advance only M-F during the evening.
I have started the opening bids rather high so I expect this to be a relatively
short auction.

2) Minimum increase is $1 for bids under $20, $2 for bids $20-$99, $5 for bids
$100-199, and $10 for bids $200 and up.

3) Payment is to be received within 2 weeks of auction end (when last set goes
SOLD).  No exceptions, if you can't abide by this please do not bid.

4) I will email all interested bidders and watchers every weekday evening
between 8 and 11PM EST.  Updates will be posted to Lugnet and/or RTL on a
regular basis, as appropriate based on new bids.

5) Other normal auction rules apply, I make all final decisions, etc.  I've run
many auctions before but if something seems amiss please don't hesitate to ask
me questions.

-Michael Ulring