 Marketplace / Auctions / 1924
1923  |  1925
Subject:
Gary Louie Estate Auction / Huge Set Auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 01:03:19 GMT

Gary Louie Estate Auction

It is with mixed emotions that we announce the start of the official Gary Louie
Estate Auction of Lego and Lego related items.

For those of you who were fortunate enough to have corresponded with Gary or to
actually have met him, you can understand our feelings at being in the position
of disposing of that portion of his worldly assets that comprised his beloved
Lego collection.  On the other hand, we know Gary would have wanted his
collection to go to people who would appreciate it and his family agreed with
us.  They have asked us to offer his collection (over 300 sets worth), of many
rare and unusual Lego items including many Lego trains and associated track and
accessories to that community which supported and encouraged him in the pursuit
of his Lego collecting passion: you, the Lego fan community.

We have joined forces with Todd Lehman, of Auczilla and Lugnet fame, to bring
you one of the largest and most varied set auctions in the history of Internet
Lego auctioneering.  Todd has graciously lent us his support in memory of Gary,
who was a frequent bidder (and major buyer) in Todd's Auczilla auctions.  Thank
you again Todd.

A preliminary list of the sets available is posted at:

http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=1908

The auction is expected to start late Sunday night, July 11th, 1999.

Please note that over 500 sets are listed for auction.  While Gary's collection
forms the bulk of the items, Todd is also auctioning old, rare and unusual sets
that he has acquired over the years.  The difference between Gary's collection
and Todd's is that most of Gary's have been opened and/or built at least once
whereas Todd's are generally mint in box.  The condition of all sets will be
posted with their descriptions and any missing pieces noted.  The starting
prices for Gary's portion of the auction are generally ½ original catalog
price.  While we do not expect this to remain the case for some of the more
in-demand sets, it is a bargain opportunity for those who find the rare set
that no one else is there to bid up.

This message is only being posted to Gary's contact list and general
newsgroups.  If you received this as an individual you will only see it once.

If you ever bid against Gary and lost, now is the perfect opportunity to try
again.  I'm sure he'd want you to have it now.

Jerome Scott <eklandjds@earthlink.net>
Charles Matheny <cmatheny@home.com>
For
The Louie Family