 Marketplace / Auctions / 1882
1881  |  1883
Subject:
WARNING - Bad bidders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:44:45 GMT

    I don't like to do this, but in these two cases I feel like I have
to. I want to let all others on this newsgroup be aware that the
following two people are potentially bad to do business with. Think of
this as a public service announcement.
    I ran an auction two months ago (Moving AUCTION) and all of my
bidders and winners have been very pleased with my service. I answered
many, many questions concerning the sets and shipping (and anything else
concerning the auction) and was very eager to work with my bidders and
winners so that they could get the sets that they wanted. However, in
two cases things went very badly:
    "D. Brown" lego_dude_99@yahoo.com placed a bid in my auction (and
won the set), but after over a month and a half of sending many emails
to him (which did not bounce), he has never once contacted me. I have no
idea what happened to this person, but can only assume that after this
amount of time and the amount of emails I've sent, that he is not going
to honor his bid.
    "themaddog" jaebear@feeding.frenzy.com also placed a bid in my
auction and then had problems with the shipping charges for the set
(which, as stated in the rules of the auction, I would answer any
questions on). After a week of telling him that he was responsible for
the shipping charges, now that he'd won the set, and bringing to his
attention the rules that were clearly stated in the auction, he stopped
answering my emails. I repeatedly tried to contact him for a month and a
half (none of the emails bounced), but he didn't answer until I told him
I was going to post his name to this newsgroup -- at which he accused me
of extortion. He still will not honor his bid.
    I really don't like to do this, but I also don't like to be cheated
either. I want everyone here to be aware of these people so that you can
decide for yourselves before accepting bids from these two people. It's
a shame that it has to come to this sort of thing where people have to
warn others in wonderful family newsgroups like this. I can only hope
that because of this warning you others won't have the same problems as
I have had.
    Thank you for your time in reading this and I'm sorry to have to
take up newsgroup space with this message, but I feel it has to be done.

James