 Marketplace / Auctions / 1778
  ebay item, is it really...

THE RAREST LEGO TOY EVER SEEN ON EBAY!????? (URL) wunderin' Julie (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: ebay item, is it really...

(...) The real problem with Ultra-rare collectibles like this is that it's hard to authenticate... I mean, if it's supposedly so rare that even someone at Lego would haev difficulty telling you if they ever made one (the Kristiansen's collection of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: ebay item, is it really...

(...) OK, a couple of things.... The originator of this eBay auction item, my German buddy Kurt Richter (KRMM) of Memmingen Germany is probably one of the most knowledgeable LEGO people in the world, especially when it comes to old sets. He and I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: ebay item, is it really...

Thanks, now I wonder no more. Pretty interesting piece of Lego history. Julie (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: ebay item, is it really...

(...) Err, for the record, I wasn't questioning the authenticity of this particular item. I don't know enough about the seller or, frankly, Lego products at all to do that. It was much more meant to be a wide angled rumination on rare items in (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Here's something interesting (was Re: ebay item, is it really...)

(...) How about this? Kinda neat... (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)