 Marketplace / Auctions / 175
Re: New Auction: Trains & Century Skyway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:00:07 GMT

Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Announcing Nancy and Eric's 2nd Annual Train Auction

Here's a vouch for Eric, he's solid. Some comments: (1)

4551 "Crocodile" Locomotive  - initial bid $200

If this one goes for much over 200, I may have to dust one of mine (new in box)
off, I seem to recall them as going for a bit under this price. It's a must
have set for Trainies, though. Very cool. I can tell you that if I were
auctioning one off I would not start it for less than 200, no matter what the
market was doing before.

6665 River Runners  - initial bid $15

I had a used one of these (with a somewhat beaten up box and instructions) go
for 8 just now. Cool set though.

6597 Century Skyway  - initial bid $200

This is a very fair initial bid, I think for what is the holy grail of airport
sets.

1 - very unsolicited!! :-)

++Lar