 Marketplace / Auctions / 10743
10742  |  10744
Subject:
Getting out of the hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:37:16 GMT

[I posted this over in lugnet.market.appraisal before realizing it's a pretty
dead newsgroup.  If I don't get a response here either, I'll probably just sell
them one at a time on ebay]

According to my out of date peeron.com inventory, I have over 100 sets (40,000
parts), probably almost half of which are MIB.  My sets tend toward the more
detailed, larger technic sets.  This doesn't include many parts bags (I bought
10 or more of the old gray parts bags when they came out) and many, many boxes
of loose parts that I've acquired outside of sets.

I find I simply don't have time to build very much and so I have sets in my
closet, under the bed, in my study, various shelves, in the kids playroom, etc,
etc, that are just gathering dust.  I'd like to sell most of what I have and do
some house cleaning, but I'm not sure the best way to sell.  So I'm searching
for recommendations on how best to do this.  Should I sell each set
individually, search for somebody who wants the whole thing, separate my
collection into groups and sell the groups?  How can I find the value of what I
have?

Below is the set list from peeron.com that I built.  It doesn't include probably
a dozen or more recent acquisitions.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Set Number Set Name
10021-1 U.S.S. Constellation
10024-1 Red Baron
10029-1 Lunar Lander
10040-1 Black Seas Barracuda
10042-1 U.S. Flag
10054-1 Black Roof Tiles
10076-1 TECHNIC Gear Wheels
1807-1 Santa
2494-1 400-piece purple bucket
3025-1 Limited Edition Silver Brick Bucket
3033-1 Unnamed 1200-piece brick tub
3451-1 Sopwith Camel
3731-1 Pumpkin Pack
3801-1 Ultimate Accessory Set
3807-1 Snaptrax S45
4090-1 Motion Madness
4093-1 Wild Wind Ups
4094-1 Motor Movers
4098-1 High Flyers
4099-1 Robobots
4100-1 Maximum Wheels
4400-1 Creations and Bricks {Red Tub}
4402-1 Sea Riders
4403-1 Air Blazers
4484-1 MINI X-wing Fighter™ & TIE Advanced™
4485-1 MINI Sebulba's Podracer™ & Anakin's Podracer™
4486-1 MINI AT-ST™ & Snowspeeder™
4487-1 MINI Jedi Starfighter & Slave I™
5037-1 Electric Plates
5119-1 Micro Motor
5204-1 Cyber Slam Accessories
5542-1 Black Thunder
5590-1 Whirl N' Wheel Super Truck
5591-1 Mach II Red Bird Rig / Mach II Red Bird
6462-1 Aerial Recovery
6468-1 Tow-n-Go Value Pack
6473-1 RES-Q Cruiser
6479-1 Emergency Response Center
6740-1 Xtreme Tower
6771-1 Ogel Command Striker
6773-1 Alpha Team Helicopter
6774-1 Alpha Team ATV
7003-1 Young Dimetrodon
7110-1 Landspeeder™
7140-1 X-wing Fighter™
7150-1 TIE Fighter™ & Y-wing™
7151-1 Sith Infiltrator™
7467-1 International Space Station
7470-1 Space Shuttle Discovery
8011-1 Jango Fett
8012-1 Super Battle Droid™
8223-1 Hydrofoil 7 / Powerboat Columbia
8232-1 Chopper Force
8248-1 Forklift
8250-1 Search Sub
8253-1 Fire Helicopter
8277-1 Giant Model Set
8280-1 Fire Engine / Fire Response Unit
8286-1 3 In 1 Car / Amphipower
8353-1 Slammer Rhino
8371-1 Extreme Power Bike
8421-1 Mobile Crane
8425-1 Black Hawk / Sky Stormer
8430-1 Motorbike
8431-1 Crane Truck
8440-1 Formula Flash / Formula Indy Racer
8444-1 Air Enforcer / Supercopter
8448-1 Super Street Sensation / Super Car Mk II
8455-1 Backhoe Loader
8456-1 Fiber Optic Multi Set / Multi Racer Set (with Fibre Optics)
8457-1 Power Puller
8459-1 Pneumatic Front-End Loader
8460-1 Pneumatic Crane Truck / Mobile Crane
8466-1 4x4 Off Roader
8475-1 RC Race Buggy
8480-1 Space Shuttle / "FOS Light" Space Shuttle
8510-1 Lava
8512-1 Onyx
8513-1 Dust
8514-1 Power