 Marketplace / Auctions / 10429
Re: custom 9v train for sale at eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 02:09:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Arnold Chang wrote:
Hi

I have a custom 9V train diesel for sale at eBay.  It is modeled on CP SD-40
series.

Even if you're not into buying, there are some photos to share.  Cheers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19003&item=5908693528&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Interesting model.

The biggest question I would have is how do the couplers work. Since you chose
not to do the "steps swing with the truck" approach that many people use, the
couplers are affixed to the body. Even though it looks like it has long links
for the magnets it still leaves unanswered what its coupling performance is in
reverse on a curve when the car it's trying to connect to has truck (or worse,
long link body) mounted couplers.

Some pics in that area might be instructive.

Or did you see this as more of a display model.

Thanks for sharing!