 Marketplace / Auctions / 10330
10329  |  10331
Subject:
12 VOLT COLLECTORS: DIFFERNT BOXES despite SAME SET NUMBER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:27:59 GMT

These boxes could be of special interest for collectors, due to the
interesting fact that the two boxes are different despite the same set
number.

One box type is flat and with cellophane sealing, and the other with more
"cubic" shape and the new type of tape-sealing. See the pictures for visual.

I have found these differences for all the boxes:

7856 7857 7858 7860 7861 7863 7864 7867

The differences are both in shape, size and sealing. I have some of these
sets for auction now, in pairs with close to perfect exemplars of MISB
boxes.

From the date-text on the boxes (or the non-appearance of it), I assume that
the oldest packs are sealed in cellophane. Maybe the reason you see this
differences just on these sets, is that they were produced over a long
period of many years, during the whole Lego 12V grey-area. And during this
time Lego went away from the cellophane sealing. The interesting thing is
that these sets show this directly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3179687262

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3179678605

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3179710207