 Marketplace / Appraisal / 604
Re: Completed Auction set 1552 Maersk Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:56:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Salm writes:
The following URL is for a completed Ebay auction of Maersk promotional
set # 1552 from 1985 (MIB)  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1552

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1724936468

The auction final price was 1525 US Dollars.  I guess this means that
some people really wanted this set and would pay almost any amount.
I have dealt with this particular seller (Peter Eikenboom) a few times
in the past and know him to be fair, honest, and knowledgeable of Lego.
Assuming he will get paid for this auction and assuming that he purchased
this item to re-sell for profit, I am sure he has realized a substantial
net gain.

Frankly, I am envious and wish I had a few of these to sell.

Heh, you and me both! But I would have to keep a few for my town :)

I have delt with this buyer before and he is very quick to pay and always is
a pleasure to deal with. He has won several other high-level Lego auctions
in the past so this is quite the norm for him. But that price is amazing, it
has far outreached my pocketbook. And Peter always seems to have good Lego
to part with, I wonder what his personal collection looks like....

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

__Kevin Salm__
....Over 20 years experience playing with Lego toys....

.