 Marketplace / Appraisal / 579
Re: MISB vrs MIB and the affects of that on your investments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 06:24:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Jeremy Scott writes:
Thanks for you thoughts Troy.

Can anyone else add their 2 cents?

If I were buying a set on the secondary market there are only a few specific
numbers I would find desirable-- my Lugnet number 136 and maybe low numbers
under 20.  Otherwise I would prefer to take my chances on an unopened set. • I'd
bet others felt the same way-- and if they didn't care about numbers they'd • be
happy with a non-limited copy anyway, right?  And they wouldn't be willing to
pay a premium for any number.  So my feeling is that investment-wise you'd be
better off keeping the boxes sealed.  (BTW I noticed that the ones already on
Bricklink are MISB.)

Maggie C.

In My opinion, the number is just digits printed on one little Red tile.
Anyone can generate any number they want by creating custom number stickers
with their computer, by hand, or by using model railroading decals.

For me, the number is not important other than a number I like, and so far the
2 copies I have received and opened do not have numbers that I really like
(1591 and 1916).  I plan to make up my own number tiles with clear adhesive
stickers, then I can have any numbers I want.

I recommend AGAINST opening the boxes.  If you do open them, you will lose all
potential buyers that want the set sealed for whatever reason.  Once you open
the boxes, not matter how carefully, you cannot re-seal them and undo your
actions.  I would guess that a large percentage of potential buyers would walk
away from an opened set even if all the parts bags are still sealed.  This
could rob you of higher profits.

__Kevin Salm__