 Marketplace / Appraisal / 55
Re: 5071 - What's it worth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:58:08 GMT

The short answer is, a lot.  $30 sounds about right, although more likely an
upper bound than a lower bound.  I've seen them going for up to DM60, currently
about $30.  They're so sought-after because they (along with the classic large
red spoked wheels) are the only thing Lego has made that approaches a realistic
look on steam engines, especially the prototypical red-and-black German steam
locs.  And of course they're relatively rare--the wheels were only available in
one very-rare and very nice set (7750) and the 5071 pack, which I suspect is
not soooo rare, but demand way outstrips supply.

Alan

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Scott Arthur writes:
MISP 5071 - what's it worth. I heard that one went for $30, which is mind
boggling (to me).

See a 5071 on BRICKSET:
http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/view.asp?Set=5071-0

Scott A