 Marketplace / Appraisal / 495
Re: Value of late 1970's train sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:13:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Iain M. Barker writes:
Hello,

I'm looking for prices for the following train sets, with a view to selling
them on BrickBay. They've all be played with a lot, and are third hand(!)

My guess for prizes at ebay.de (I'm not too familiar with ebay.com, but I think
at least for used 70ies stuff the prices are often similar.)

183  4.5v Diesel Train set
150 .. 250 DM depending on condition: stickers? sratches? (1$ = 2.20 DM ; so
just divide prices by 2))

    Complete, with instructions and ring of track
      (I'm not sure what track there should be)
blue 4.5 Volt track of course

171  4.5v Steam Train set
100...120 (150) DM Quiote often sold during the last month...

    Complete, with instructions and ring of track
      (Again, I'm not sure if that's the right track, can anyone help?)
again blue 4.5 V track

130  Train wagon with double tipper
    Complete, with instructions
Bought it for 30 DM a month ago. (Sometimes up to 45 DM)

146  4.5 Level crossing
    Complete, with instructions
    One prong on the tv aerial is broken

Somewhat around 40 ... 65 DM

147  Refrigeration car
    With instructions
    Just the car - the forklift, figures, cargo are all missing

Not more than 45...60 DM. Complete with forklift never above 80 DM

161  4.5 Battery tender
    With instructions
    Signal is broken (the rod inside is missing

just 25 .. 35 DM. Have old Batteries ever cause a damage inside the car?

Also, can anyone tell me exactly what parts came in sets 150 and 151. The
guide says they had 28 parts in a set, but that would make 9 pairs of track
which doesn't seem to make much sense.

It has not made any sense, but it was exacly like that. So later the set number
changed and the contained parts have been reduced to 8 sections of track.

Thanks in advance,
Iain M Barker

Leg Godt!

Ben