 Marketplace / Appraisal / 390
Re: DDK - R2D2 Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:45:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Scott Arthur writes:

1. Has anyone ever seen a head for sale? How much for?

As far as the U.S. market goes,  "history is bunk"  ;-)

In addition to the price cut to the $50-60 range earlier this year,  there was
the recent blow-out/blow-up/whatever at walmart.com,  in which scores (if not
actually hundreds) were sold at $25 a pop.  So,  previous sales won't tell you
much about current pricing.

Starting this week (mine came today,  and I was among the last to order),
you'll be seeing lots of R2Detritus hitting the market.  Much of it at prices
that will be (to put it kindly) "optimistic".

You may find some folks shrewd enough to go for fast bucks,  rather than big
bucks,  who will set sensible prices from the beginning.  If not,  wait a bit:
the competition should get rather heated as folks realize that,  come the day
after New Year's,  Target will be paying customers to haul away the remaining
DDKs  ;-)

Ran