 Marketplace / Appraisal / 382
Re: Price per pound
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:15:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Lester Witter writes:
What is a fair price per pound for random LEOGS. This would be the big pile of
stuff type auction with no obvious high valued parts (like a pirate hull).

How mch do you think it's worth?

I have about 23 questions that I go through with myself and the sellers now
before I buy a huge lot.

Price per pound is highly subjective...a year ago or more...I paid over $10
a pound for some lots that had many rare/discontinued elements from Castle
and Pirate themes.  At that time, the 3033 buckets were not back in
circulation yet, so the only way to get alot of basic bricks was to buy  big
lot.  For me, some of the 40+ pound lots had all the special parts I needed
for projects.

I sold off parts that I didn't want (like train stuff) to defray the cost of
the lot... However, I doubt I would pay that much now.  I have been VERY
dissatisfied with my last 2 eBay bulk purchases (excessively dirty, lots of
Tyco bricks, many abused/broken elements, unusable/sellable minifigs)

If I get  new job and a larger apartment, I may go back to bulk some day = )

                       John