 Marketplace / Appraisal / 302
Re: Price for a 4537
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:50:44 GMT

Masterbuilder wrote:

I have a Twin transport set which someone wants to buy. Can any one give me a
reasonable idea as to what it is worth. Since looking at sites on Lugnet and
ebay over recent weeks I have been trying to work out what MISB and MIB
actually stand for. I have worked out that it means you can buy things New in
sealed boxes, but could not work out what the letters actually stand for. Now
I know why I play with LEGO rather than do crosswords!

A reasonable price is $55/$60 for a MISB set.

And, because I also like crosswords:

MISB means Mint In Sealed Box and indicates a set which is new and still
factory sealed. It is the best condition for a set.

MIB means Mint In Box and refers to a set which is still in new
conditions, with the pieces never used and sealed in plastic bags, but
with no more seals on the external cardboard box (which could have been
opened for some reason).

Ciao
Giulio