 Marketplace / Appraisal / 249
248  |  250
Subject:
Samsonite Set # 205
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 04:47:03 GMT

I just received, from a co-worker, a Samsonite set #205 from 1971.  He found
it in a box of his things while cleaning his father's basement.  I don't
plan on actually *using* the set, but I am curious as to its relative worth.
It has the box, the plastic trays inside the box, and apparently all the
pieces. (Which include a grey, thick baseplate; grey and red wheels; and 2x
clear bricks.)  It does not have an instruction sheet, although I don't know
if it even came with one--if anybody know, I'd appreciate an answer on this,
as well.

I don't know what I plan on doing with it (I am not a "serious"
collector--I'm a builder), but I am interested in how many other sets I can
purchase with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian (bbq) Sauls
("The more you own, the more you can build," is, I believe, a quote I
somewhere on the box. How true, how true.)