 Marketplace / Appraisal / 239
238  |  240
Subject:
How Old Are They?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:00:05 GMT

I recently purchased a box lot of Legos at an acution.  They came with pieces
and instruction for set # 545, Conveyor Station, a 1973 set.  With them were
over a hundred bricks that were unusual.  The Lego lettering on the studs is
not in italic letters.  The print is in block lettering and smaller than the
lettering on the 1973 bicks.  How old are these bricks?

A catalog was in the box which is similar in every way to a 1968 catalog on
Brickshelf, save the picture at the bottom of a five element collage of
pictures. I don't know if this catalog came with the 1973 set or was with the
other bricks.

Also, all the Legos in the box lot read, Patent Pending.  When did Lego get
its patent and stop printing pending on the bricks?

Many thanks to any historian=type who can help me date this unusual find.