 Marketplace / Appraisal / 22
Re: Lego Currency Converter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:26:56 GMT

lawrence wilkes wrote:

Does anyone have a lego currency converter?

I put up my first trade page this week consisting of miscellaneous train parts.

I was plesantly surprised how many responses I have had in just one evening.

However I am now being offered caste walls in exchange for train windows, 5x4
windows for sliding door runners, all manner of things. But what is each
worth? How do you ascertain how many windows are worth how many walls

I really need lego currency convertor please, and a list of brick exchange
rates. If someone can build one this afternoon I would be grateful!

There is a new group, lugnet.market.appraisal, which is the best place
to ask this sort of question.

There isn't a price guide, but train windows WITH train glass are
probably worth more than castle walls (or at least the glass is). A few
colors of train windows are worth something just by themself. Right now,
I don't think red train window frames are worth much since two came in
each free McDonalds set (others on the auction circuit have come from
breaking down 3225 Classic Train sets or 5561 Big Foot 4x4 (which also
makes white frames moderately common), I think yellow is the only other
color currently available). Red, Black, White, and Blue are soon to be
real common when the soccer buses come out (7 in each bus). Used blue
frames are moderately common because so many classic space sets used
them.

The sliding door rails are also relatively uncommon, at least the 1x8
ones (a bunch of sets have several 1x2 rails).

1x4x5 windows are uncommon in any color other than red (2 in each window
service pack), though several older sets have a bunch of black ones, and
6765 Gold City Junction has 2 grey and one green (and a lot of people
have been parting these out). White is also somewhat common in older
sets. Tinted glass is uncommon.

The newer 3 paned 1x4x6 windows are real common in black (one in each
McDonalds, and one or more in a BUNCH of Town Jr. sets). They are also
relatively common in red. Blue ones are in 6435.

Train doors are pretty rare (though there is probably a glut of white
ones from those 5561s). White and black are the only reasonably
available ones (4 black in 5542 Black Thuder, 2 white in 5561). Two
green doors are in 4552.

The 1x4x5 doors are common in red (2 in the service pack), moderately
common in the used market in white, and available in grey (6765 and at
least one other set).

The 1x4x6 doors are over abundant in black (one in each McDonalds, and
also in a bunch of Town Jr. sets). I've also seen a yellow door in a
black frame (6434 Roadside Repair). I think blue exists (in 6435). Red
may be in 4556.

Follow-ups to lugnet.market.appraisal

--
Frank Filz