 Marketplace / Appraisal / 122
Re: 6077/677 knights procession
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 19:58:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Jonathan McKay writes:
How much is knights procession worth? Or how much has it gone for on ebay?
This info would be much appreciated.

Jonathan

Why not go search on ebay? There's actually an excellent specimen there now with
box and everything (though the seller is out of their depth and says it's from
1974.)

I think these guys in 677 are great. Maybe it's because I never had any back in
1980 and I just adored the pictures in the Idea Book 6000. Somehow the Yellow
Castle shields and 383 coats-of-arms seemed inferior because they weren't in
that book.

Now the Yellow Castle, 375, easily gets $100 in decent condition with
instructions. It turns up frequently. As some fraction of that I think a 677 in
lightly used condition would be worth $25. If it has all those darn losable
light gray swords, and original castle rarely do, it draws a lot more bidders
than average. When 383/6083, Knight's Tournament, turns up it gets up to $75,
and its unique pieces are much rarer than any in 677. My guess is that a lot of
677s were given as birthday presents, and not so many 383s. On the other hand
375 was so exciting that it must have been begged and bought dearly by a great
many kids. (I was one of them...)

I don't bid on pristine examples so I wouldn't know what some people are willing
to toss at these in superb condition. Watch that one on ebay.