 Local / United States / Washington / 67
66  |  68
Subject:
SEALUG Sept. 2nd minutes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 07:16:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Inaugural SEALUG Meeting
Saturday, Sept. 2nd

In Attendance:

Mark Sandlin
Mark Rideout
Gary Gerdes
Ian Gerdes
Josh (sorry can't remember last name)

We had a very nice meeting today, though not many people were able to
attend. I realize the holiday weekend made this difficult., and I called
this on short notice, so no big deal.

Having said this, the next meeting will be Saturday, Oct. 7th at 1:00pm. at
Gary Gerdes' house. His house is located in Seattle, so this should make it
a bit easier for people to attend. Gary volunteered his home for this
meeting. Perhaps as more people attend meetings, we can either have others
host the meetings in their homes, or we can even find a public community
center or some such where we might meet.

Topics of Discussion

-Purpose

Firstly, we discussed what we all thought SEALUG would be good for. We
decided that, on the most basic level, SEALUG will be a means for Lego fans
in the Seattle area to come together and meet each other. It offers a
wonderful social context within which we may share our creations, building
techniques, and maybe even make some new friends.

We do realize that PNLTC also exists within the Seattle area, and we wish to
cooperate with them  as much as possible, so that we might further enrich
each other's organizations.

-Money

We certainly don't want to make SEALUG an expensive orgranization. I
proposed a $10.00 yearly membership dues, which would directly fund the
operation of a SEALUG website that we could use for the benefit of all our
members. I know of a webhosting company that offers a decent amount of space
and services for ~$100/yearly. Any funding that goes above and beyond the
website charges could perhaps be directed toward other facets of SEALUG
possibilites, like renting a conference room for building fests.

I do realize that money can be a sticky issue, so this will definitely be
something we can discuss further at future meetings.

The domain name, SEALUG.org has been reserved and is available for our use
once we decide where we want to put the website.

-Age

We have decided that SEALUG will not set an age limit. We all feel that
SEALUG should be open to anyone who is able to bring something to the
organization. There will be some basic standards of courtesy and
consideration that we expect anyone to follow. As long as one is able to
maintain a cordial and friendly atmosphere, then they will be welcome.
Further refinement of this policy will take place as we have more meetings.

--

Any other issues, concerns, or desires should be brought up at the next
meeting on October 7th.

Special thanks to Todd Lehman. Without LUGNET, none of this would have been
possible.

I look forward to seeing everyone on October 7th. You've got a month to plan
ahead this time folks! :^)

~Mark

--
Mark's Lego Creations