 Local / United States / Washington / 38
Re: Mini-fest Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:25:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wa, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi all,

This weekend I drove out to Snoqualmie and visited the fine home of
Mark Rideout. We sat in the "Lego Room" of his home for about 7 hours,
interrupted only for a brief Papa Murphy's Pizza Break.

While there, I shared with him what I know of Mecha building, and I also
brought several of my MOCs for him to see. We set about creating a

I really enjoyed learning building tips from Mark. His MOCs were awesome to
see also!

mecha of Mark's own, and we were able to finish the arms and legs.
Mark was able to create a preliminary design for the cockpit area as well.
We'll likely convene at a later date to complete the mecha. We'll take
pictures when we're all done.  :^)

It was pretty cool. I'll try to post again before our next mini-fest.

I would agree with Mark - it was a great time! Mecha building with Mark has
wet my appetite for more and so I find myself trying out new things here and
there. I can't wait until the next one!

~Mark