 Local / United States / Virginia / Richmond / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Delurking (was Re: Greetings!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.va.new, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:20:19 GMT

Maria W. Campbell wrote in message ...
Anyone around from the Richmond Area?

**Maria**

Well, there is at least one.  My name is Tim, I'm 27 years old, and I live
in the West End of Richmond.  My Lego origins date back to 1974 when my
parents got me a promo set (came in a plain brown box).  It had about 25 or
so pieces and I loved it.  I continued until about 1986 when I stopped
getting new sets.  I put my Legos away during college and law school.  I
started again last year when my wife got me a basic set (400 pieces) and the
UFO Cyber Scout set.  My favorite themes are Classic Space and Classic
Castle.  From the recent collection, AquaRaiders stands out (some great
pieces).  The Star Wars stuff looks pretty good as well.

As far as local Richmond Lego news, there is not much right now.  Service
Merchandise is supposedly having a sale this week.  I'll try to get there
tomorrow and let everyone know (looking for some more 25th Anniversary 1201
piece tubs!).

I am keeping up with the other Virginia newsgroups here on Lugnet
(NN/Hampton, Norfolk/VA Beach, Roanoke, and Arlington) to get the complete
Virginia Lego news!  I am cross-posting this to the NN/Hampton group since
it seems to be the most active of the southside area groups.

It is good to see some other Lego enthusiasts here in Virginia.  Hopefully,
our presence on Lugnet will continue to grow.

Tim