 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / 102
101  |  103
Subject:
9/26 Meeting Summary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:58:08 GMT

Tim Rueger and I attented today's gathering.

Tim brought his Metroliner and Load N' Haul Railroad and set up a train layout
using them.  I showed my modular space vehicle system, my Mindstorms operated
fish feeder, and my old space collection.

We talked about older sets and Tim walked us through the old 8888 Expert Builder
Idea Book (via scans on Brickshelf).  Very cool models, especially the ones that
were programmed mechanically using a plate and toothed flats.

We also wrote a NQC program that allowed us to control the trains via the
Mindstorms' remote control (message 1 was increase speed, message 2 was decrease
speed, message 3 was reverse direction).

Pizza, chips, and drinks were also present.

Attendance was an obvious problem but we had fun anyway!  :-)