 Local / United States / Tennessee / 59
Re: TennLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:31:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.tn, Carl Nelson wrote:
Announcing the second meeting of TennLUG!

Justin Harvey and I got together after Brickfest05 to set up a meeting for
December 17th from 1pm - 4pm.  The meeting will be at my house in Thompson
Station (30 miles south of Nashville).

We plan on discussing how to get TennLUG going, as well as having several
Lego-related activities.  Please bring a MOC or three for showing off.  We'll
also have some classic sets from Justin's and my collections on display.

If you have any questions or comments please email us at
Justin@%NO_SPAM%harveynet.nu or carl@carl^LeaveThisOut^nelson.com.

For directions, please email me at the address above.

Hope to see you there!

I'm not sure if the above meeting ever took place or not but, being new to the
area, I have an idea: let's put on a little show.

We can get a meeting room at the Brentwood library (right off of I-65 at Concord
Road) for about $15 for 4 hours.  We could get some information into the local
schools to get some kids to come and see stuff.  I could bring enough modules to
make a GBC.  I think Carl has some castles and such.  I also have a decent
amount of trains and my kids build lots of houses and such that we could use to
decorate the train.

I know that George Harvey from Brentwood and Carl Nelson from Thompson Station
were listed as being at Brickfest.  If anyone else is out there and might be
interested in doing such a show sometime this Fall/Winter, please let me know:
rafe.donahue@NOSPAMvanderbilt.edu

Thanks,
Rafe