 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Philadelphia / Harrisburg / 19
Re: Roll Call for the Harrisburg Area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:31:40 GMT

I apologize for the poor etiquette in replying to my own post, but I thought
it would easier then replying to everyone’s message seperately.  So any way,
we seem to have more people then we did when I moved here 2 years ago, which
is definitely a good sign.  The only person I believe who I haven’t met in
person is Scott from Limerick.  It was great seeing Larry again at Brickfest
and meeting Cale for the first time.  I am sorry I missed you Rob, but I am
sure you will agree that there was a lot to do and see, so it is
understandable how we missed one another.

I am not sure if anyone is aware of this, but there is a national attempt to
get AFOLs to meet up at: http://afol.meetup.com/

Besides myself, I see user “{SFA}Theer” who signed up for the meetup.  I am
not sure if “{SFA}Theer” is someone I already mentioned or not, but if
he/she isn’t, how about introducing yourself.

I realize that Tuesday, Aug 13th, may not be a good time for everyone, but
would anybody/everybody be interested in a get together at some other time
in the future?

For everyone’s info, I like all Lego.  I have a few sets from most of the
categories.  I haven’t used mindstorms that much, but the competition at
Brickfest has sparked my interest.  Mostly, I just build whatever strikes me
at the moment.  I will admit that I do tend to lean toward the
sci-fi/fantasy realm more then anything else, but that is just because I am
a sci-fi/fantasy nut overall!

Anyway, to answer some of the questions:

Larry – I have asked myself that same question, but I guess it is the same
reason why the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area is under there too, just not
enough people/interest to warrant its own branch.  Perhaps we will ask to
change it in the future if we can get enough interest?

Scott – If you wish to get together, then you are close enough for me!

Cale – As far as the fountain idea, as I told others, I lay no claim to any
idea as solely mine.  If I did, then I wouldn’t share it and where would the
fun be in that.  So please use the idea and build something new to share
with others and perhaps I will borrow an idea from that :)

Anyway, think all of this over.  If you have any
questions/comments/concerns, please post or send me a private message.  I
would really like to form some kind of get together.  If it turns into a
semi-regular thing or more that would be great, but if it doesn’t, hey at
least we tried.

Keep Building,
   Jim F.