 Local / United States / Oregon / Portland / * (-5)
Subject:
WE HAVE LIFTOFF!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.or.eug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:46:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Greater Portland LEGO® Railroaders (GPLR) are not exclusively about LEGO trains...

On Thursday, January 11, 2007 GPLR delivered their 4th LEGO diorama installment at the Washington Square LEGO Store (Tigard, Oregon) “Window Into The Community” display.

The diorama is a Rocket Garden and celebrates LEGO Space Exploration, or as some of us call it “Space Bricksploration”. This is a Minifig/Town related theme LEGO has periodically marketed since 1990, with the advent of set 1682 Space Shuttle.

Jeremy Rear and Kim Toll take the theme to a highly designed and engineered level to build MOCs (My Own Creatons) with unique and unconventional details.

Please take a moment to preview our creations. If you get a chance, stop by the Washington Square LEGO Store and carefully look at the details.

In addition, these MOCs and thousands of others will also be featured at BrickFest™ PDX 2007, March 30 - April 1, 2007. Be sure to register and join the fun with the international LEGO community!

-jeremy

proud gplr member since 1998

visit: gplr

Subject:
New LEGO Store in Portland, OR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 04:58:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Yes! Finally! Now I get to be as poor as everybody else who lives within easy commuting distance of a LEGO Store. The Portland (Oregon) store just opened in Washington Square, near Meier & Frank, and it’s very nice. I slipped in before it was “officially” open, during their soft launch day, and got to browse. The staff was obviously having a great time, and I don’t blame them. It’s fun to watch the faces of visitors light up as they wander in and see all the boxes and cool sets on display.

The first officially open day is tomorrow - a good two weeks ahead of schedule. Rockin’!

Anyway, I wrote up a short news story on BZPower, with a couple of pictures.

Pick a Brick had some parts I’d never seen before... including 1x1 clear plates. There were also lots of windows and glass inserts, shrubbery, and so on. A pretty wide range, even if the wall is a tad small. Lime and orange and purple, oh my!

Think they’d mind if I brought a hammock? ;)

Kelly

Subject:
Coming in October: NWBrickCon 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 05:11:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

NWBrickCon 2005, a convention in the Pacific Northwest for Adult Fans of
Lego, will take place October 7th, 8th, and 9th, 2005, in Seattle.  All
AFOLs are invited.  This will be the fourth annual NWBrickCon.  Planned
highlights include:

* MOCs
* public exposition
* Brick Bazaar
* roundtables
* build contests
* presentations
* lots of AFOLs

More details and online registration for the 2005 event will be available
at
http://www.nwbrickcon.org/
in the next few weeks.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/

Subject:
I got lost at BrickFest PDX...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.town, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:39:52 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Please help me - I got lost and accidently hitched a ride back from BrickFest on
Matt Chiles' roller coaster, but now I want to go home...

The trouble is that I am not sure where home is - I have amnesia.  Possibly I
was hit with debris from a coaster accident while I was watching it and knocked
unconcious.

I think I may be someone's sig-fig.  I am a diver minifigure with brown hair and
a scruffy beard, wearing red diving suit, grey air tank, black helmet and a
yellow handheld waterjet for moving about in the water.

If anyone knows who I am or where I belong, please contact Matt Chiles.  He
lives a long ways from anywhere I can use my waterjet, but his BrickFest
commerative figure is keeping me company in the meantime on top of his computer
monitor next to his micro-mini ISD and commerative Convetion Center model...

Re: looking for Ross Crawford
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.or.por
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:02:22 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Todd Lehman wrote:
Anyone heard from Ross Crawford?  He was supposed to get in at ~11:40am this
morning.  Frank waited for an hour but didn't see him; assumed he took of on the
MAX en route to OCC, but we're here now at the OCC and no Ross.

OK, we're at Frank's house and discovered two answering machine messages from
Ross.  He's OK... He missed his connecting flight.

Ross, if you happen to find this message from an Internet terminal at the
airport, call 617-953-5206.

--Todd

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact