 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 416
Re: who needs a ride to GATS Jan 25/26 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Joel Jacobsen writes:
Welcome to Columbus, Paul!

I don't think I'll be able to make it GATS as much as I'd enjoy it, due to
my schedule.

However as has been tendered before, there's nothing saying we can't arrange
a meet here in town at some point.

With the holidays coming up it could be tricky but if something would work
out, why not?

What side of town do you live on?

Again, welcome!

JJ

I live near Don Scott Airport, right on the border between Columbus and
Dublin. I would very much like to set up a meet for AFOL's FOL's, but have
never done this. Anyone want to help me out?

Paul
In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Paul Janssen writes:
Hi, Just today I discovered this spot on Lugnet.... I moved to Columbus OH,
just a few month ago. I will be attending the Great American Trian Show,
where the Michican Lego group will have a very large train/town display. I
am taking 1 big MOC there (and I mean big). I will drive (should be 3 hours
or so, right outside Detroit). If anyone wants to join me, great! I'll pay
for gas, and you can repay me by helping me carrying my model. If the model
does not fit in my car, I'll rent a minivan, in that case there will be room
for more than 1 person to come along. Or, if more than 1 person want to go
despite my model fitting into my car (which I seriously doubt), we could
split the cost of a van, and I'll pay for gas.

Paul