 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 103
102  |  104
Subject:
Some traffic for our nesgroup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:28:14 GMT

Hi,
I thought someone should post something, so here is what I've been up to
LEGO-wise.  I wanted to build the airport monorail that I got in that garage
sale find last summer, since my sister's new boyfriend was coming over with her
for birthday cake (hers), and I wanted to have something he could actually do
easily if she wanted to show off the LEGO.  So, after cleaning the rest of the
house (except Geoff's bedroom, which was more than I could cope with at the
time), I went down to the basement and quickly came to the conclusion that,
after stuffing things randomly down there all winter, there was no room to
build even a polybag size set, and what's more, after a winter of kids playing
with the LEGO and unsorting it, coupled with the boxes of unsorted garage sale
LEGO, it was impossible to find any particular piece.  So I started cleaning
the basement and then sorting the LEGO.  After 3 weekends, I have almost first
pass sorted all the unsorted LEGO.  This is where I go through and sort all the
pieces into either the bins some bricks go in (6XN plates, 1XNbricks N>2, 2XN
bricks N=or>2, horses, cannon, boat things, etc) or into bags of like things
that need to get further sorted into Plano boxes (people things, slopes, one
and two studs, doors and windows, wheels and axles, non-rectangular plates,etc)
So once I finish this, I'll need a couple of more weekends to fine sort, but I
don't think I will do that until I build the monorail.  I need something to
keep me motivated after all.
    Geoff took the oportunity of easily available bricks to start building a
walled enclosure for the dragons.  He is building around the perimeter of a big
grey baseplate (those largest ones) a wall of random colored 2XN bricks.  He
has it up to 40 courses around and has used most of the bricks I've sorted so
far.  I doubt he will be able to get much above 60 course without resorting to
1xN bricks.  So that is what I've been up to.  Not all that interesting, but
such is life.  My sister's boyfriend did come over, as he was feeling under the
weather, so maybe I'll actually have the monorail together before he visits.
Carolyn Cheney